Profile of James O. Conway
Born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Jim currently resides in Sheboygan, Wisconsin with his wife, Wendy.
Jim began as an associate at the law firm upon graduating from Marquette University Law School in 1978. He is now the senior partner of the law firm.
Jim’s areas of practice include civil litigation, business organizations, insurance coverage litigation, plaintiff’s personal injury, and defense personal injury. Jim’s practice also includes probate, estate planning and mediation of civil disputes.
- 1973 Bachelor of Arts, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1978 Juris Doctor, Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Prior Work Experience:
Prior to graduating from law school, Jim was a high school history teacher and a curator at the Milwaukee County Historical Society.
- State Bar of Wisconsin - May, 1978
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Wisconsin - May, 1978
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Wisconsin - May, 1978
Reported Supreme Court Cases:
- Fischer v. Steffen, 2011 WI 34
- Gottsacker v. Monnier, 2005 WI 69
- Stehlik v. Rhoads, 253 Wis.2d 477 (2002)
- Theis v. Midwest Security Insurance Co., 2000 WI 15, 232 Wis.2d 749 (2000)
- Chang v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Ins. Co., 182 Wis.2d 549 (1994)
- Spitler v. Dean, 148 Wis.2d 630 (1989)
- Oostburg State Bank v. United Savings & Loan, 130 Wis.2d 4 (1986)
- Landwehr v. Citizens Trust Company, 110 Wis.2d 716 (1983)
Jim has also participated in over fifty cases in the Wisconsin Court of Appeals.
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Named as a Super Lawyer by Milwaukee Magazine in 2006, and 2011-2016