Profile of Joseph J. Voelkner
Joseph J. Voelkner was born and raised in Grafton, Wisconsin. Joe currently resides in Sheboygan with his wife, Melissa.
Joe is a partner of Olsen, Kloet, Gunderson & Conway. He began as a law clerk at Olsen, Kloet, Gunderson & Conway in 1998 and upon his graduation from law school in 2000 became an associate of the firm until 2008 when he became a partner.
Joe’s primary areas of practice include civil and commercial litigation, business organizations, corporate finance/governance, worker’s compensation, secured transactions, creditor’s rights, insurance coverage/defense, and appellate practice. Joe’s general practice areas also include wills and estates, guardianships, adoption, and personal injury.
Joe is an avid sports fan and tennis player, he enjoys playing tennis, golf, hockey, basketball and softball and enjoys traveling at every opportunity.
- 1994 Bachelor of Arts, History and Political Science
- University of Wisconsin- Stevens Point, Stevens Point, Wisconsin. Graduated cum laude
- 2000 Juris Doctor
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Prior to graduation from law school in 2000, Joseph was a Clerk at the Milwaukee, Wisconsin law firm of Nitschke & Sika, S.C. (1996-1997).
- Worker’s compensation claims examiner at United Hartland (1997-1999)
- State of Wisconsin (January, 2001)
- United States District Court of the Eastern District of Wisconsin (January, 2001)
- United States District Court of the Western District of Wisconsin (February, 2001)
- Pro Hace Admission - United States Bankruptcy Court of the Southern District of New York (March, 2012)
- Member - State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member - American Bar Association
- Member - Sheboygan County Bar Association
- President - Sheboygan County Bar Association (2010)
- Board of Directors - Stephanie H. Weill Center for the Performing Arts (2011-2014)
- Board of Directors - Sharon S. Richardson Community Hospice - Executive/Finance Committee (2011-present)
- Board of Directors - Hunger Ball, Inc. (2012-present)
- Board of Directors - Lakeshore United FC - Executive/Finance Committee Vice President/General Counsel (2014-present)
- Program Advisor - Neighbors Against Drugs (2009-2012)
- Volunteer-Legal Aid Clinic (2009-present)
- Volunteer-Business Contact-INSPIRE Sheboygan, Inc. (2014-present)
- Anhalt v. Cities & Villages Mutual Ins., Co., et al 2001 WI App.271
- Baumann v. Elliott 2005 WI App.186
- Williams v. City of New Holstein 2001 WI App. 1336
- Stehlik v. Rhoads, et al 2002 WI 73
- 2008 Super Lawyer-Rising Star
- 2009 Super Lawyer-Rising Star
- 2010 Super Lawyer-Rising Star
- 2011 Super Lawyer-Rising Star